Thursday, 4 August 2016

AUGUST TBR

Hi everyone,

GOOD NEWS: I'm out of my reading slump! Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has managed to restore my reading motivation, and for the first time this year I actually feel like I can pick up a book a read. It feels AMAZING. J.K. Rowling is my hero.

To celebrate my newly recovered reading mojo, here are some of the books I'm planning to read over the next month.


WHAT I COULDN'T TELL YOU - FAYE BIRD
28924805


I sort of have to read this one because I'm going to be part of the blog tour, but I'm about half way through right now and I'm really, really enjoying it. Watch out for a full review coming August 25th!

WHAT'S A GIRL GOTTA DO? - HOLLY BOURNE
29740718
I love Holly Bourne, particularly this series, so when I saw this book at Foyles just before it's release date I picked it up immediately. Unfortunately the stupid reading slump prevented me from reading it then, so I'm very excited to FINALLY read it this month.

PAPER BUTTERFLIES - LISA HEATHFIELD
29079057
Lisa Heathfield's Seed was one of my favourite books of last year (or was it 2014? I read an arc and I can't really remember) so I am very excited to read this. I honestly have absolutely no idea what it's about but my hopes are high.

GAME OF THRONES - GEORGE R.R. MARTIN
822993
I have a 6+ hour drive at the end of the month, which seems like the perfect opportunity to start this monster of a book. My Dad loves the show so much that he got me the entire box set of the books as a present (Yes, he is the best) and I'm so excited to finally be able to talk about it with him.

WHEN WE COLLIDED - EMERY LORD
27235365
I literally don't know anything about this book but it seems like a good thing to read on the beach so it's coming on holiday with me. I've heard some good things, so hopefully I enjoy it!

HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE (ILLUSTRATED EDITION) - J.K. ROWLING
I'm in full on Harry Potter fangirl mode at the moment, so it only seems right to reread at least one of the books. I got the illustrated edition of Philosopher's stone for Christmas and I've flicked through it a million times but I've never actually read it all the way through. It's time to change that.

Thanks for reading, and have a great month!
-MIA

5 comments:

  1. You're doing the What I Couldn't Tell You blog tour too? YAY TOUR BUDDIES! *pulls you into an awkward hug from which you fail to escape* I really loved it, so hopefully you'll enjoy.

    I've been intending to read Seed for AGES, and I almost bought it in a bookshop a few days ago, but the amount of books I brought with me on holiday and still haven't read is getting a bit ridiculous so I held back. Regretting it now!

    I really enjoyed your post, Mia. Good luck with the TBR ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY TOUR BUDDIES!!!!!! I finished it today and really enjoyed it, can't wait to see your post! Seed is great, but it's pretty heartbreaking so probably not the best for holidays anyway :)

      Thank you so much for reading! <3

      Delete
    2. Wait . . . heartbreaking? I'm now worried. LOOK WHAT YOU DID! :-P

      I can't wait to see your post either - mine's shaping up to be more like a list of reasons to read the book than a traditional review, so it'll be interesting to see yours in a more classic format. TOUR BUDDIES 4EVER!!

      Delete
    3. TOUR BUDDIES FOR LIFE *secret handshake*
      I'm just warning you about Seed! It sort of broke me...

      Delete
  2. I got my copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book today.
    I brought it off Amazon and I got it in just 2 days!
    Check it out:
    Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2

    ReplyDelete