Monday, 1 August 2016

I WON! - CAMP NANOWRIMO JULY 2016 RECAP


Hi everyone,

So, Camp NaNoWriMo is over and I am officially a WINNER! Yes!!! There was a point when I thought I wasn't going to make it, but I am very happy to say that I wrote (just) over 50,000 words in the month of July. Today I just wanted to go through a quick recap of my month and report on my final word count.


Here are my final stats for the month...
I managed to write a total of 50,012 words in thirty days. Yes, that's only twelve words over the target. Yes, I finished one day early. This isn't anywhere near as impressive as November when I won on day 22 with over a week to spare (I will NEVER stop bragging about this, by the way) but I'm still extremely happy about it!


I was either on track or ahead for the whole month, which was nice, although at one point I wasn't writing anything at all. I ended up with an average of 1,613 words per day, which happens to be the exact amount of words you need to win! Hooray! There were some days when I wrote over three thousand words and quite a few days when I wrote absolutely nothing, so it's safe to say that I never really got into a regular writing routine like I said I was going to.

My main goal for the month was to finish the first draft of my YA fantasy novel (started in NaNo last November), which I managed to do on day 16. It took me nearly nine months, so it was definitely a huge achievement to finally finish it! I wrote a full post on that which you can read HERE. This got me up to 35,000 words, so I still had to write 15 thousand words to win. I managed this with...
  • 13 blog posts
  • 5 very short short stories
  • 4 pages of outlining for the next novel

For the next few months I'll be finishing planning and outlining my next novel (you'll be hearing much more about that soon!) ready to start writing it in November. The novel I was working on this month is getting put aside for a little while and I'm definitely going to miss the characters, but I have high hopes for it in the future. For right now, though, I just need to sleep.

Thanks for reading, and keep writing!
-MIA





No comments:

Post a Comment