Wednesday, 10 August 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: AUTHORS I'M WAITING ON BOOKS FROM

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY AND IS CURRENTLY HOSTED BY THOUGHTS ON TOMES. YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.


Hi everyone,

It's Wednesday again! This weeks topic for Top 5 Wednesday is authors you're waiting on books from. These are authors whose writing I love and want to read more from but don't have any new books coming out soon (that I know of, anyway).

Authors, if you're somehow reading this, WRITE MORE STUFF! Please. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: All the facts in this post are from my own knowledge and a quick Goodreads search. If any of these authors have published books I'm not aware of please let me know!


SUZANNE COLLINS
Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games trilogy is one of my favourite series of all time. It's just a shame she hasn't published anything since. According to her Goodreads page her last book was a picture book in 2013 and she hasn't announced any future books. I want more Hunger Games, of course, but I will read anything she writes that isn't aimed at five year olds.

JOHN GREEN
If you've read any post on this blog before you probably know that John Green's The Fault in Our Stars is one of my favourite books. His other ones are pretty great too, so obviously I want to read some more. I know he's working on something and there is loads of information flying about regarding possible release dates, but as far as I know nothing has been officially announced. His last book was published in early 2012, so I think it's about time we get another one.

RAINBOW ROWELL
Okay, her latest book Carry On only came out last year, but I love her writing so much that I just need more RIGHT NOW. Preferably a new YA, although I really enjoyed her adult books too. According to Goodreads she will be collaborating with Faith Erin Hicks on a graphic novel, but it currently has no title or release date.  

MARKUS ZUSAK
Markus Zusak wrote two of my favourite books, The Book Thief and I am the Messenger, and I think his writing is always stunning. Unfortunately, he hasn't published a new book since 2005. That's over ten years, and as far as I know he doesn't have any upcoming releases. I want mooooooore!

STEPHEN CHBOSKY
He's only written one book, but that book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower and it happens to be one of my favourites. It was published in 1999, a year before I was even born, and he hasn't come out with another novel since. I know he works in film but I would love to see another book from him.

Thank you so much for reading and have a great, book-filled week
-MIA

No comments:

Post a Comment