Wednesday, 24 August 2016

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY: BOOKS I WANT TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR

TOP 5 WEDNESDAY WAS CREATED BY GINGERREADSLAINEY AND IS CURRENTLY HOSTED BY THOUGHTS ON TOMES. YOU CAN FIND ALL OF THE INFORMATION IN THE GOODREADS GROUP.


Hi everyone,

I don't want to freak anyone out or anything, but there only four months left of this year. What the heck?! Luckily, that's long enough to read books. Lots of books. Boooooooooks...

Anyway, here are five (of the many) books I want to read by the end of the year. For the purpose of this list I decided to exclude books that are coming out later this year but haven't been published yet because, well, that's a whole other list.

A STORM OF SWORDS (PARTS ONE AND TWO) - GEORGE R.R. MARTIN
This is probably cheating since it's *technically* two books (in my editions, anyway), but I don't really care. I started reading the A Song of Ice and Fire earlier this month (I've finished Game of Thrones and am currently about 70 out of over 900 pages into A Clash of Kings) and I'm really enjoying it so far! The series is, you know, REALLY FREAKING LONG so I might not be able to finish the whole thing by the end of the year but I think it's definitely achievable to read this next book (or two).
And no, I'm not watching the show. I am a weakling who hates seeing blood on screen. Maybe someday...

THE MIME ORDER - SAMANTHA SHANNON
17901125
I've had this book on my shelf since it came out, and I really need to read it before I completely forget what happened in the first book. I loved The Bone Season, so I honestly don't know why I haven't picked this up yet. I have no excuses.

A COURT OF MIST AND FURY - SARAH J. MAAS
17927395
I've already tried to read this once and gave up after about 100 pages, but I need to give it another try. I don't know why I wasn't liking it before, especially since I've heard so many great things, but I probably just wasn't in the mood. Hopefully I like it more the second time around!

PERSUASION - JANE AUSTEN
I said I was going to read more classics this year, but so far that really hasn't happened. I need to step up my game. Since I love Jane Austen and I have a few of her books I haven't read yet, it makes sense to read one know. I don't know why I chose Persuasion for this list, but I guess I've committed to it now.

HOLLOW CITY - RANSOM RIGGS
23164983
I read Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children in one sitting in the car on the way back from holiday (Totally not bragging. No way.) and it was pretty good so I definitely want to read the second book, and probably the third, before the end of the year. Actually, I want to finish the series before the film comes out. Challenge accepted.

Those are definitely not all the books I want to read by, but it's a good place to start. Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the year, I guess. I can't believe it's nearly over...
-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment