Monday, 19 September 2016

WHERE I'VE BEEN AND WHAT I'M READING

Hi everyone!

So. It's been a long time since I posted anything on this blog. It's actually been a long time since I've posted anything on the internet at all. I have been outside, experiencing the REAL WORLD. I know, I know. Isn't it awful?


I started sixth form on Monday (last Monday, that is, not today) and most of my time and effort has gone towards surviving early mornings, 7 hour school days and staying on top of homework. I've had no chance to blog or read or write or...do anything, really. The only vaguely interesting thing I've done is start marathoning Welcome to Night Vale (I'm on episode 42 and I'm obsessed. It's the perfect combination of weird and funny and thought provoking and I should probably write a whole blog post about this)

Luckily I'm starting to settle into the routine of school and manage my time slightly more effectively, so I should be able to start getting back to doing things I actually enjoy. Hopefully. I don't know. I'm too tired for any of this (school is going GREAT, in case you couldn't tell). I'm trying to ease myself back into blogging, so I'm sorry if my posting schedule is really inconsistent over the next few weeks.

Anyway, here are the books I'm currently (and painfully slowly) reading:

THE GREAT GATSBY - F. SCOTT FITZGERALD
This wasn't my choice. I'm doing English lit for A level and this is one of the books we had to read. I'm not complaining, though; I've only read a couple of chapters so far but I really enjoyed them. I'm just worried having to overanalyse it a million times is going to ruin my enjoyment!

WUTHERING HEIGHTS - EMILY BRONTE
Again, this wasn't my choice. Again, I've enjoyed the couple of chapters I've read but I'm not far in enough to really form an opinion. I'm supposed to be reading a chapter for tomorrow's lesson, so I guess I should go and do that. As far as homework goes, having to read a book you've been meaning to pick up for years anyway really isn't that bad.

WHEN WE COLLIDED - EMERY LORD
I need something a little bit lighter in between all of these classics and textbooks (I'm also reading a text book about political instability in 19th century Germany, but I'm almost certain nobody wants to hear about that). Is that so much to ask? I've literally read one page of this so far, but I'm hoping it's going to be fun and engaging enough to take my mind out of schoolwork for a few hours a day.

Sorry this was such a mess! I really just needed to get myself right into writing blog posts and this seemed like a good way to do it. It's been so long...
-MIA


No comments:

Post a Comment